Cloisonné enamel disk with griffin,
c.900 A.D. (By permission of the
Oxford University Press publishes a Monograph Series entitled Oxford Studies in Byzantium.
Books in this series are written by leading historians of the Late Antique and Byzantine period, including Senior Members at Oxford University. Proposals are, however, welcome from all scholars and are evaluated by the Editorial Committee.
Forthcoming and recently published titles include :
- Catherine Holmes, Basil II and the Governance of Empire (976–1025) (2005)
- Sergey A. Ivanov, Holy Fools in Byzantium and Beyond (2006)
Ruth Macrides, George Akropolites, The History (2007)
- Anne McCabe, A Byzantine Encyclopaedia of Horse Medicine (2007)
- Galit Noga-Banai, The Trophies of the Martyrs: An Art Historical Study of Early Christian Silver Reliquaries (2008)
- Teresa Shawcross, The Chronicle of Morea. Historiography in Crusader Greece (2009)
- Michael Decker, Tilling the Hateful Earth (2009)
A new journal, entitled Oxford Byzantine Studies, will appear in 2010. Publishing scholarly articles and book reviews by established academics as well as by research students, the journal will be available to download online.
For further information, please contact :
Dr Peter Frankopan
Oxford OX1 2HB